- We are learning to treat others, the way we want to be treated.
- We pray together everyday.
- We celebrate mass with our school community as we visit the various churches in Auburn.
- We enjoy having priests and deacons visit our classroom.
- We learn about our faith in every subject that is taught.
- We will learn to read this year.
- We have small class sizes that allow for individual attention on a daily basis.
- Our math and reading lessons are aligned with New York State standards.
- We have a wonderful group of parents and grandparents who volunteer their time to help our students become more successful.
- We participate in the frequent collections for the food pantry helping us to think about others.
- We make cards for special occasions for people in our community.
December is just flying by! There are lots of special activities going on this month!
We are moving right along in reading. Don’t forget to ask your child to read to you when they bring their little books home. They are becoming very good at decoding new words, as well as writing sentences.
In math we have been learning the math words greater than, less than and equal. Keep practicing counting from 1-20.
Of course, religion this month is all about Christmas. We sing the Advent song around our Advent wreath, and are keeping track of the days until Christmas with an Advent calendar. They are really enjoying all the Christmas books about the season.
We are very excited about our Social Studies project. We have had several people sign up for Christmas Around the World. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and time during this busy season.
I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas!
Dates to remember:
December 8 Mass @ St. Alphonsus
December 11 Breakfast With Santa @ 9:30
December 16 Christmas Concert Rehearsal @ 1:00
December 18 Gingerbread Houses
We have learned these letters and sounds: Aa, Ii, Mm, Nn, Pp, Ss, Tt
We have learned these sight words: I, can, the, we, see, a, like, to, and
SUPPLY LIST FOR 2015-2016
For the children entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2015, the following supplies will be needed:
1. One box of crayons or twistables, (please, no bigger than a box of 24)
2. A crayon box
3. 12 Sharpened Pencils
4. A package of 4 FINE TIP DRY ERASE markers – the Expo brand is the best
5. A pair of scissors
6. 2 bottles of glue and 12 glue sticks
7. Lunch or lunch money, 2.00, or .50 for milk
9. Sneakers for Phys. Ed. These can be left in the classroom.
10. Two boxes of tissues
11. A backpack or book bag
12. A bag of extra clothes marked with your child’s name
13. A paint shirt
14. A healthy snack for your child
15. If your child is riding the bus, it is a good idea to pin a tag to your child’s backpack with their destination.
16. Two packages of wipes
17. Bring your favorite book for the teacher to read to the class.
Monday- Music, Art and Computer
Friday- PE and Library
Please keep for a reference
Classroom policies and procedures
We have snack around 1:30 or 2:00 pm each day. Please send a snack each day with your child (just for your own child) or you can send a box of snacks for your child to keep at school.
Birthday snacks are welcome! If you would like to send in something for your child’s birthday, please let us know ahead of time. It would be greatly appreciated if the snack is something easy to pass out (cupcakes, brownies, cookies, pudding, ice cream cups or individually packaged items). Please don’t send any large bottles of juice or milk. Juice boxes or pouches are appreciated.
We will usually paint on Fridays so please make sure your child has a paint shirt (old T-shirts work best).
The children need to be able to tuck their shirts into their shorts/pants independently. This is hard for them to learn, and it isn’t something that we can practice at school, so please practice at home.
Each Math lesson has a homework page attached to it please make sure you do the homework page with your child, if it hasn’t been completed at school, to reinforce the lesson taught. They do not have to be returned to school.
Your child has their own IXL password which is a great way to reinforce math skills. We ask that you try to have your child spend 10 to 15 minutes a night (as much as possible) using the IXL website.
Gym class is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sneakers can be left at school or brought in as needed. Music is on Tuesday and Thursday. Art is on Wednesday. Library is on Monday. Please return library books on Mondays.
If you haven’t sent in a change of clothes please do so as soon as possible.
We would greatly appreciate your e-mail address and/or cell phone numbers. Please write them on the sheet provided at open house. If you don’t attend open house please send this information into school with your child.
If you are interested in coming into school to help out with various activities, we will send home a note about this very soon.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.